Winter in Wisconsin can be dreadful. The weather can be so cold and daughting, often times families hibernate in their houses only going out for necessary things like school and work.
Good for you -- The Y has many programs and activities to offer so you can stay active, make new friends and escape the winter blues!
Winter Registrations starts today for Y Members! So get ahead of the game and figure out how to keep winter from bringing you down!
Here are a few highlights from our 2019 Winter Program Guide:
1. Volunteer at some of the events we have coming up this season.
From Breakfast with Santa to the Little Sweetheart Dance, you can help bring joy and excitement by serving your community! Log on to our Volunteer Matters program to register as a volunteer at these events!
2. Sign up for our brand NEW Zumbini® class to spend some time bonding with your child! Created by Zumba® and BabyFirst for kids ages 0-4, the Zumbini® program combines music, dance and educational tools for 45 minutes of can’t-stop, learning, and fun!
3. Find a fitness buddy! Join Best Buddy Blitz to sweat, share and succeed together with your best fitness buddy! 3 week program with partner accountability!
4. Celebrating a winter birthday? Celebrate your Birthday Y Style! With many options to host a Party at the Y you can't go wrong!
5. Going stir crazy...start thinking about summer! Summer Camp Registration starts February 1st. Why not plan all the fun now!!!
6. Kids looking for something fun to do? Sign them up for one of our Winter Clinics. Whether its basketball, baseball or soccer...there is no better time to work on your skills!
7. Looking to just catch up with friends? Swing by Bridge or Poker as part of our Senior Club.
8. Not sure what to do? Try the rockwall, sign up for swim lessons, or take a karate class! The opportuntities are endless!
9. Really need to get out? Volunteer on our next mission to Esperanza Viva Mission!
10. Do you need another reason? When the temperatures start to dip and you don't want to leave your house, just know the Y is here waiting to warm up your mind, your body and your soul! #thisYcan
This blog entry has no comments.