With the Holidays fast approaching, we are getting busier and busier and you may feel tired and overwhelmed at work or at home. Finding the time for physical activity may seem difficult, but find your inner strength and keep on going. When you have the urge to skip your workout:
- Remember, your workout will give you more energy to enjoy your family at the end of the day.
- Exercise is a stress reliever. You will be MORE productive at work if you take 30 minutes to move!
- Make a special playlist to make your workout most enjoyable.
- Choose a motto or mantra to inspire you during your exercise routine, like; Keep moving, I can do this and one foot in front of the other. Choose one of these or make up your own, but remember those words and repeat them to keep yourself going when things get tough.
- Log your activity minutes every day! It can be rewarding to you when looking back.
- Hone in on your portion sizes. Proper portion sizes play a big role when working on losing or maintaining weight. Here is a guideline in setting up your plate for each meal:
- ½ of your plate should be fruits and vegetables – 1 cup of fruits/vegetables equals the size of a baseball.
- ¼ of your plate should be whole grains – 1 serving equals a slice of bread or a pancake the width of a DVD.
- ¼ of your plate should be meat or protein – 1 serving equals the size of a deck of cards.
- Fats, oils and sauces USE SPARINGLY.
This blog entry has no comments.