Serves 6 (time:30 minutes or fewer)
Crisp-tender green beans add body to this Greek-style salad.
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed (4 cups)
- ½ small head romaine lettuce, halved and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- To make Salad: Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water 4 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Pat dry.
- To make Dressing: Rub oregano between fingers to crumble and release aromatic oils, and place in small bowl. Whisk in vinegar and garlic. Whisk in olive oil and vegetable oil, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Toss green beans, lettuce, and onion together with Dressing in large bowl. Fold in feta, tomatoes, and walnuts.
Nutritional Information - Per 1-cup serving:
Protein: 6 g
Total Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Cholesterol: 22 mg
Sodium: 236 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 5 g
This blog entry has no comments.