- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 rib celery, diced (½ cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 Tbs. ground cumin
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 15-oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, diced (1 cup)
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and celery, and cook 5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes with liquid. Cook 2 minutes, then stir in quinoa, carrots, and broth. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Mix in black beans and corn. Serve in tortillas.
Serve with avocado slices, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
(Recipe courtesy of Katelyn Drake, a lifelong vegetarian based in Oklahoma City, Okla.; vegetariantimes.com)
This blog entry has no comments.